This privacy statement covers how we use any personal information that you provide to us or which we collect about you when using this website.
The policy also covers how we collect, disclose, transfer and store your data.
This policy also explains your rights and how you can see, update or delete your personal data.
Definition and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to TLS Energy Limited via the Website, This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your compute by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679;
TLS Energy Limited: a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 04274965 whose registered office is at Barkhill House, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire, WD3 5NT;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
Website the website that you are currently using, www.tlsenergy.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, TLS Energy Limited is the "data controller". This means that TLS Energy Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a. Your Name;
How we collect Data
We collect data in the following ways:
Data that is given to us by you
a. When you contact us through this Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means
Data that is collected automatically
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
We may use your Data from the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in;
a. Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
c. If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Who we share Data with
Keeping Data secure
13. We store personal data on a secure server.
14. We regularly review our security arrangements. If you suspect any misuse or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identify theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe online is supportted by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information, if we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), The ICO’s contact details can be found by visiting their website https://ico.org.uk/.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Change of business ownership and control
24. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
For full details of our Cookies Policy, please visit http://www.tlsenergy.co.uk/2019/cookie-policy/
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
29. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law England and Wales. All disputes arsing under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.